1.12.2011

The Creative Mama posted a challenge utilizing window light so I thought I would play along.  I almost always choose to shoot with the window to my back, meaning I use direct light on my subject's face.  I thought the challenge would be wonderful for me to step outside of my box and shoot with some backlighting.  Backlighting is tough when you want to get the right exposure.  See, you can get some very underexposed skin tones if you don't do it right.  But, I had some fun with this challenge and I would say that it pushed me past my comfort zone.  

Bennett being a grump because I was taking pictures of Bianca too.  I actually like the coloring in this shot.  It's partially side lit and back lit and I like how his face is illuminated. 


It was a very sunny day and the sun comes into our back windows like nobody's business so I thought it would be a great opportunity for some flare.  Ok, so it's a lot of flare, but it's a dramatic picture.  Not my favorite, but hey, I tried!  Oh, and the flare totally looks like an eye!

I do like this one though, it's very soft and pretty.  And if you didn't know I set up this shot, it would look as if Bianca was staring out the window dreaming of summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love!